Aims and scope of the Association
1. Aims of the Association are:
2. In order to implement its aims, the Association cooperates with every national, social and business organization, miscellaneous associations and federations that augment in the prolific operation and in realizing the aims of the Association.
- To Popularize the knowledge about the properties of stem cells and their usage in clinical medicine, also to popularize the idea of collecting and storing stem cells.
- To support development of life- and health saving activities by the use of stem cells.
- To supervise if public and commercial activities dealing with collecting and storing stem cells comply with the highest standards of ethical behaviour.
- To support research, analysis, reports and journalistic activities devoted to the problems of stem cells, further on, those with relevance in popularizing the idea of collecting and storing these cells.
- To support any other activities aiming to develop the sector of umbilical cord blood banking.
- In relation with the governments of the countries, councils, economic players, physical and legal persons, to represent the interests and protect the rights of subjects professionally dealing with collecting and storing stem cells.
3. In order to provide for the material conditions needed to implement its aims, the Association is legally granted to perform business activity, enterprise, can establish business companies and foundations or enter these as a member.
The Association uses a round seal with the inscription "EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION of FAMILY CORD BLOOD BANKS (EAFCBB)" .
Membership of the Association
1. A native or foreign natural person, legal entity or an organization not possessing the status of a legal entity can become a member on:
- accepting the Statutes of the Association,
- undertaking in their enrolment form an active participation in the work of the Association,
- paying membership fees.
Upon written application (firstname.lastname@example.org), on the issue of accepting an ordinary member, the Chairman of the Association shall decide.